Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Monday, December 25, 2023

spoils from war

 

The recent publication of "Urgent Moments" which included my work the "Beneficiary's Office", has been a mixed bag of roller coaster emotions. Overall I'd say better than a stick to the eye, however it's not been without sticks, stones, etc etc.. During the whole launch of the book, I was kept out of it, though arguably I was the most famous thing there, I wasn't asked to speak to the public, nor was I encouraged to. Despite the one media interview I listened to, mostly asking questions about me. There's been two reviews of the book. One by John Daly-Peoples, who wrote a letter of support for the well known Art scum Sir. James Wallace, convicted for sexually abusing three men, guilty of how many more! So that review was posted on facebook, and promoted by Mark Amery, of Letting Space/ Urgent Moments fame, who to my surprise immediately took it down, after I brought it to his attention, who the reviewer was. 
 
The second review, had the feeling of being written on lithium, and had the gall to 'equalize' my efforts with Art Aristocracy Kim Paton's 'Free store', why this was done, when does this happen in 'real life'? Oh yeah Palestine is equal to Israel, Ukraine is equal to Russia, it's to silence dissent and assert conformity of thought. Right, ok. well, in that vein of thought, I thought I'd share some of the spoils from war I received from my art project, the one that in everyone's best interest is best regarded, seen in the light as 'equal' to that of that box you see in any op shop, that says 'free stuff'. 
 
Yes is was 'Genius' of Mark and Sophie to 100% back the artists they choose. They choose radical artists, Democratic Artists, not capitalist ones, not at that time anyway. We knew we were testing the system, I knew it was busted. What's changed? There's now a facebook Welfare advocacy page with 30 thousand members, organized push back and a social media public openly vigorously defending beneficiaries against capitalist MSM spin bigotry in a way missing in 2010. I've played a part in releasing that force. Small or large, it should be celebrated. Bravely, sure. But celebrated. While I'm alive thank you.


https://taowells.blogspot.com/2010/10/today-at-office-i-did-this.html?zx=5a7d0cd180566590

https://taowells.blogspot.com/2010/10/laura-shepard-and-tao-wells-more-new.html?zx=c57b4fdce39dadf&fbclid=IwAR2zDL5zZz62R-JvyqhWKkQ4QpEFQmXeatXY1pECyyhdxbEzOLwifrCsBE0

No comments:

Post a Comment