Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is it really a cross road

When you come to the point where you have to choose between dedicated to the cause radical activist for life and person artist with out a cause. 


I've joined the team, without giving up my outsider status. No, I'm still an out spoken artist, only yes I am an activist, an everyday activist, a citizen, an adult. 


There's no cross road, or distinction to mark my particular condition, no question ultimately is asked as the asker could not handle the question themselves, and are ate by it. 


Join the TEAM, (there's no I in theme, there's no U either) 

ART ARISTOCRACY 2009

3 comments:

  1. I'll join that team. The personal IS poltical, y'all.

    I've been thinking about this a lot, lately. I think there are crossroads, but they are so frequent, so constant, that there are also none. EVERYTHING is a decision, which means that I can't point to one decision and say "this is it." Just like someone is only gay or straight when we see them in a relationship, and only while they are seen, I think maybe those crossroads can only be externally observed, in the process of creating sensical narrative.

    Wells, you are a badass muthafuka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I agree with both of you. This is something Robyn and I have been talking about in terms of theory and practice. Some practices are absolutely necessary at a physical level even if on a theoretical level we have gone further (I know - problem with teleology here, not sure how to work it out).

    I am fine with the fact that my theoretical interventions may not have a practical application for many many years. But at the same time I acknowledge that if people weren't out there as activists the theories of a hundred years ago never would have been put in practice.

    You are both badass muthafuckas!!!!

    ReplyDelete