Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Smiths - Suffer Little Children

But fresh lilaced moorland fields Cannot hide the stolid stench of death Fresh lilaced moorland fields Cannot hide the stolid stench of death Over the moor, take me to the moor Dig a shallow grave And I'll lay me down Over the moor, take me to the moor Dig a shallow grave And I'll lay me down Lesley-Anne, with your pretty white beads Oh John, you'll never be a man And you'll never see your home again Oh Manchester, so much to answer for Edward, see those alluring lights ? Tonight will be your very last night A woman said : "I know my son is dead I'll never rest my hands on his sacred head" Hindley wakes and Hindley says : Hindley wakes, Hindley wakes, Hindley wakes, and says : "Oh, wherever he has gone, I have gone" But fresh lilaced moorland fields Cannot hide the stolid stench of death Fresh lilaced moorland fields Cannot hide the stolid stench of death Hindley wakes and says : Hindley wakes, Hindley wakes, Hindley wakes, and says : "Oh, whatever he has done, I have done" But this is no easy ride For a child cries : "Oh, find me ... find me, nothing more We are on a sullen misty moor We may be dead and we may be gone But we will be, we will be, we will be, right by your side Until the day you die This is no easy ride We will haunt you when you laugh Yes, you could say we're a team You might sleep You might sleep You might sleep BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM ! Oh, you might sleep BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM ! You might sleep BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM !" Oh Manchester, so much to answer for Oh Manchester, so much to answer for Oh, find me, find me ! Find me ! I'll haunt you when you laugh Oh, I'll haunt you when you laugh You might sleep BUT YOU WILL NEVER DREAM ! Oh ... Over the moors, I'm on the moor Oh, over the moor Oh, the child is on the moor

No comments:

Post a Comment