Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

SLACKER - 1 of my Top 5 Films of All Time



Dostoyevsky Wannabe:

"Number three: Opportunistic celibacy.
"Number four: Renunciation of all human endeavor.
"And the fifth and final pillar of euphoria:
"A full-circle, aesthetic reevaluation.
"My current response to every worldwide or personal tragedy is:
"It's disgusting.
I love it. I hope it gets even worse. "
Okay. I'm Dostoyevsky. You're Anna writing The Gambler.
Take my dictation.
Who's ever written the great work about the immense effort required...
in order not to create?
Intensity without mastery.
The obsessiveness of the utterly passive.
And could it be that in this passivity, I shall find my freedom?
- Well, I'm headin' over there.
Hey, man. What are you doing? You're supposed to be getting this down. It
was pretty good there.
- You seen Gary around?
- No.
- Does he still live in the same place?
- I told you. No one's seen him for
months.
- Well, later.
What was that obsessiveness line again?
- Obsessiveness without personality?
What are you talking about?
- Excuse me.
...

Each individual has this absurd notion of this predisposition -
Hey, looks like John Hinckley.
He has this-this unending potential, this dormant potential...
this stupid idea that 95% of the brain is unused...
and that if we could tap into that we would just have...
we would have Superman or something absurd like that.
All it does is frustrate man.
All it does is remind him of his limitations and frustrate him.
It's just a concoction of lies...
a dynamic that drives man to do things.
Let me fast-forward to the part where he blows away his camera.
It's pretty good.
Every action is a positive action.
Even if it has a negative result.
What could be better than a short, uncomplicated life?
That goes out in a blaze of glory?
Rock 'n' roll.


Guy just out of prison:
 
Excuse me. Hi.
Do you mind if I ask you a couple questions for a project we're working on?
Sure.
Okay?
So, uh.
Did you vote in the most recent election?
Hell, no. I got less important things to do.
- What do you do to earn a living? - You mean work?
To hell with the kind of work you have to do to earn a living.
All it does is fill the bellies of the pigs who exploit us.
Hey.
Look at me. I'm making it.
I may live badly, but at least I don't have to work to do it.
What would it take for you to get a job?
Hey, I'll get a job...
when I hear the true call.
What's the true call?
You know, the true call. I know when I hear it.
- Anything else you want to add? - Yeah, there's something else.
To all you workers out there.
Every single commodity you produce is a piece of your own death.
What was your relationship like with your parents?
End of interview.
Thanks.



t-shirt seller:

 "... remember, terrorism is the surgical strike capability of the oppressed"


 Linklater stated: “Slackers might look like the left-behinds of society, but they are actually one step ahead, rejecting most of society and the social hierarchy before it rejects them. The dictionary defines slackers as people who evade duties and responsibilities. A more modern notion would be people who are ultimately being responsible to themselves and not wasting their time in a realm of activity that has nothing to do with who they are or what they might be ultimately striving for.”

No comments:

Post a Comment