Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Rothko Chapel Will Reopen in June. Patron Saint of Capitalism

  • Wells Tao It's about a dead man, a capitalist who sold his soul and asked for it back, to find out, his soul is infinite. But being a capitalist is intolerable. - tw
  • Carole Shepheard Rightly or wrongly the paintings themselves obscure the man and his flaws provoke the deepest of emotions. His work is one of only two that have ever moved me to tears. I will always wonder if knowing what I know now, and looking at this group again, might change my response. I don't think so.
    • Wells Tao Yes, rightly or wrongly it's a real thing be physically emotionally moved by a visual master piece. Has happened to me more than once. I would hope it would change your rpesonpse. for you have more light to see with. The intent was good, the path not so. Let's be clear. Whitman was an ugly racist, I still hear his words as impt. But now I see a lvel of the desparate fantasy that he was willling to paint of his own existence.
  • Wells Tao We can be clear, it's a choice.
    1
    • Wells Tao We can be clear, it's a choice.
      1
    • Wells Tao the fantasy influences the choice. We must engage in what constructs this over balance sense of power, cause it does go on. and it is ripped off.
    • Wells Tao sorry I'm working on some work around his work, at the moment, that's what has me all fired up about this at the moment, I'm even in the studio! Ahh.. nice to engage around this though. VEry emotional.
    Wells Tao the fantasy influences the choice. We must engage in what constructs this over balance sense of power, cause it does go on. and it is ripped off.
    • Reply
    • 1m
      Wells Tao it hurts me and my idea of him to call him a Patron Saint of Capitalism. But in some weird way I want him or the idea of his work, to push new work that will not do what killed him. Very hard choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment