Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Monday, December 14, 2020

Able Tasmans - Michael Fay



Sit down and I'll tell you a story  
There's not much, 
not a great deal to know 
 About people not living a life of their own 
 They put all their faith in great buildings  
They said they were constantly shocked and surprised  
How reference points moved around  
And then often their eyes became dark with dismay 
 As somebody else took their loved ones away  
 
It was Christmas day  
When Michael Fay gave his money away
  And he just didn't have a lot to say  
We'd all forgotten his birthday  
 
Even so, leave him home  
Michael's Dad, feeling oh so sad and alone  
He says, "I'm, I'm alone but I feel as if Howers took me by the hand" 
 
 It was Christmas day  
When Michael Fay gave his money away  
And he just didn't have a lot to say  
Compared to the people next door  
 
So, please carry my bones  
To a place I can call home  
Yes, please carry my bones  
To a place I can call home  
 
A place to carry my bones  
A place to call home when we're at the Speakeasy  
Somewhere I could be alone Shared visions of heaven are so hard to come by Everything comes to you free But you already own what would provides me With artifacts based on the absence of reason  
Style, style, my ass a mile  
Where does it stop, precision welcome 
 While stop, whoa-whoa, and with two cents I've got on me  
The best thing to do just forget I'm alive
   
Please carry my bones  
To a place I can call home Yes, please carry my bones

No comments:

Post a Comment