Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Hopelessly Ruled by Trauma

Active
Wells Tao
July 9 at 11:46 AM ·
Shared with Public

I'm having a moment of basking glory in change in me, as today I've got a major art deadline due and I've got two sick kids at home and no one else.
There was a time, say the last 18 years where I wouldn't be able to handle that, blow out, up all over the place. Not cool, cliche, real waste of energy. Hopelessly ruled by trauma I couldn't get my head around.
NOW, having such a cruizey gentle fun day,
yay



25 Comments
• 




Clare Robinson
Yay! Enjoy
1

Suraya Sidhu Singh
Sorry to hear your kids are unwell
1

Richard Reddaway
That's the spirit!
2

Elsje Winnubst
Kudos to you!
2

Wells Tao
the difference being removing the toxic in my life, no longer being depressed, violent or abusive, and practicing self care. Didn't do that, couldn't do that before. Now I prepare for situations and completely avoid others.
7

Roger Boyce
Congrats

2
Wells Tao
Roger Boyce thanks
1 

Shaun Patrickmurphy
Thats a great corner to turn and there are more as you get to the root of you and your processes. Go well.
1 

Wells Tao
Yay

Greg Stingray
Good news Bro, get some soup into those kids and put your feet up. .
1

Sohn Yoo Sehmin
Yay
congrats
bro! Hope the kids get well and I know they will and I love that you are cruising and love your post Tao! Cheers to you and the major art deadline as well yuhu!! Gosh I would like to see you!!! Was looking at the photo you took of me infront of your painting in your place around 2013/4 I think sometime wearing your shirt... that you had screenprinted with your art on it. Fond of this memory and visiting you. Ciao.
1 

Wells Tao
Sohn Yoo Sehmin I remember that like it was yesterday. But at the time I was locked into my head, I couldn't understand what was wrong with me, even though I thought I knew as it could make sense. There was like a wall of glass between you, life and me. Glass gone now. Sad it was there at all, but so freekn relieved I can feel and that that's important
1


Steve Austin
Getting older like the rest of us lol … the life journey … tougher than we think huh?
1
 

Jason Muir
Ka pai e hoa!
2

Hayley Darling
its nice getting older
1
 

Johanna Sanders
All the Tao, one of the best minds in the business!
1

Johanna Sanders
Haha my typos are so bad... All the Best Tao!!! Still totally one of the best minds!!!
1
 

Wells Tao
"from" one of the best...
1

Johanna Sanders
ok then
1

Hope Williams
Smart and insightful changes, all the best
1
 

Rami Al-Jiab
Real glad bro, that's a tough place to be and change from, fighting yourself is way harder than fighting life, which in turn makes fighting life all the way harder. Pray/wish me the same I am still in pinhead mode LOL anxiety got me pinned like a deer caught by headlights
1
 

Wells Tao
wishing you radical self care bud.


Rami Al-Jiab
Wells TaoWells Tao i can see it now, i dont care about myself, all i want to do is care for others just becuase thats the standard i set myself before having mental health issues as i was able to look after me and do community work, now i cant do both, as i leave self care and i try to do community work but it ends up burning my energy, which reminds me i am not myself as before which makes me even more depressed and less equiped to self care than when i started. from your post and many others advise and self awareness i can see that i have prioritise and look after me first then when i feel better expand but I can't becuase my anxiety tells me if i do this i will get used to it then i will always be selfish and not care about activism issues. i cant be selfish, it scares the fuck out of me
1

Wells Tao
You won't change, you'll just get better. Healthy Boundries first, then good stuff happens.
1
Steve Austin
Hugs from Marlborough






No comments:

Post a Comment