Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Daniel Malone



Billy was
Right to lift
the lights in
the room,
made it better.
Billy Apple.
Daniel Malone.
Notes from Daniel Malone Dies

David Clegg
Art School
Another Beginning
New Plymouth
Malone Undressed
The Director in the play
plays the Director in
front of the audience, 
audience would sometimes 
be replaced with
maniquins. Strange Polish
words said to
a mirror with ..
Another Beginning…
Conversation with John Hurrel,
About a show “fetishism” No,
Was it, what was it,
The work of Billy Apples in
Relation to Billy Apples, fetishism,
Daniel Changed his name
To Billy Apple to be
Included in Hurrels show,
1996, New Plymouth,
“strange to use real names
or other shows, or



 


What had change.
I know I had more
things before I left,
As Daniel Malone,
What was missing now in this
Room, where Billy's work still
Hung -(magnificent Phallus)
Magnificent Story Dead Malone, 
The Teacher of English,
I had to prove I
was an Artist of some considerable
standing to get a visa in Poland.
So I had to show them my...








Then my passport that
Says Billy Apple…
It was good,
It was naked,
It was Daniel in
The paper
on the table
covered like leaves
to rot in the park
under a head stone, a mirror
Klip-see-dra- Death certificate
Death Announcement.
His Hair in a Head stocking...



Didn’t do that many
People, shows,
I don’t have an aptitude
For Languages  - Polish,
Or even English,
I’m an English Teacher,
I’ve spent two years
Learning a little little
Polish,
Teach speaking English
Used all the same parts
Of my Brain as Art.
 
Dead MAN
Getting Back
His Clothes
‘Some Have you
Have outlived
The Maniquin
Idea”
“Play yourself but never
be yourself’
“The future is unwritten”
SPEAKING ENGLISH
MALONE SYMBOL
WHERE BUILDINGS
WILL BE BUILT.
SAM BECKETT.

 
The Window
Gifted to the Victorian
Gallery collection,
“I had an idea if
 I threw a Brick through
This window that it would
Become a new idea’
CNZ wouldn’t fund my
Trip from Poland to
do it.
‘I Proposed to give them
the smashed glass cast
back into a Brick
under the name Billy Apple,
‘This was the problem of course.”
I had to be, you can’t
Travel on one name, passport
And another on the tickets, 

ARTIST
VISA
RUN OUT,
(Billy Apple – it’s a silly
funny name, it’s
not a name I’m going to keep)
HAVE TO START A
COMPAY – SPOOKEY
2-3 hrs Teaching English,
the rest Art practice,
will have to disappear,
‘Billy Apple Art & Text work”
is the name of my
company.
The Ghost of
Daniel Malone is
Billy Apple teaching
Art ad text to
Class room.
you can see
yourselves in it 
I’m changing
My name Back,
I’m In love,
I’m getting MARRIED,
And I’ve got the
Paper work today.
I’m moving Back
(In the Book Malone
Doesn’t Actually Die,
It’s a..)

No comments:

Post a Comment