Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Ōtākou Public Museum has ads on my feed. So I commented this poem, that is critical of an important part of what they and other Museums do. And they deleted it. Someone there must know a thing or two about Public Relations. I do the same on my page to the hopelessly behind and not my problem. Here's the poem again. - t


Free deserves way more than we get


Lets go to the public
museum, that I pay for
with my rates,
so my kids can walk
past all the exhibits
they can’t afford
to go to.
We walk into the whenua
section,
dusty mouldy smell
nice and dark though,
I rub the noses
of the carvings
I can reach
without too much
noticing me,
I feel a mutual smile,
I’m grateful to know
they are alive
and stolen.
Museums should be free
my taxes should be celebrated.
Instead institutions are greedy,
don’t know how
to present their worth
for the money they have,
instead,
free is worthless,
free is worthless
and that free
that I work for
is shit on
rubbed in and hated.
Who did this?
Capitalist, unconscious, the
rich and the wage slaved playing
dominant gene delusion
makes me sick.
Let’s go to the Public
Museum to walk past the exhibitions
I can’t afford with my kids.

-tw

No comments:

Post a Comment