I feel that I am connected, somewhat a representative of the so called radical left (which to me was center right left but who's looking). What I feel Denny's work has done is conjure an idea of mythical labour voter that once would have supported Mana for example. What is interesting is that this audience doesn't seem to actually exist, except as a convenient utopian myth, greasing the wheels of "easy living' for the 1%, to put it bluntly. Could be a point , no? - quote
- Wells Tao Yeah lurking beneath my argument with Ron, is my desire to work with organisations, institutions that are making system/ structural designs to move themselves out of capitalism, to put it impossibly. No one can afford to be pure about this, I take my media outlets where i can get them. But i also occasionly uncover a standard, like the time I told Campbell live after being called up, that I wouldn't do their show unless it was live.
- Richard Benjamin Solomon Keys Personally I think "art" has been entirely co-opted by neo-liberalism. As well as the academy and its high "theory"...
Both represent provide tools-tactics that can be applied to other ends... But ultimately as institutions both claim a sought of critical legitimacy... Whilst largely being complicit to the status quo...
- Wells Tao yeah it could be said that art is stuck following the model of the impressionists, and repeating a misunderstanding of this history, around the Impressionists and the role the Salon des Refusés plays/ed. To my understanding, the Salon, was set up by an un popular King at the time, as a PR stunt, it was not the artists at all that 'made it happen' despite there being considerable will.
- Richard Benjamin Solomon Keys I would say the market and the art world with its network of galleries and curators is just as much a institution as the academy... Which is one of those points where I've squarely come up against Ron... In the pastUnlike · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs
Richard Benjamin Solomon Keys Fuck...Like · 1 · 3 hrs
- Barry Thomas Ron (of the ronettes) is a 1%er with flaccid spouts on FB that a. never inspire b. are likely drug fueled (I suspect), c. he also plays with artists like paint brushes (objects) d. licks any ol arse that secures his lease on 1% property ladder.
The only question is... in what wearable art world is it possible for Ron Hamstrung to pocket piss and arse lick simultaneously whilst scratching his own back?
Are we now finally witnessing the arrival of the new supra neo liberal curatorial art yoga?
- Wells Tao I'm still trying to find and fuel the love, after all WF/ Ron represents something, the arguments we need to have with our own hypocrisies, attempts to draw those lines in the sand that best represent what we are now, but also what we want to be in our future.
- Barry Thomas Well wells... I tried being friends with him but he utterly fails at wanting to ever... erm... deal with, understand or study both facts and history... I noticed his rant of a day or so back self defines the one and only Ronetteski as THE only person to follow... WTF is this ronner on exactly? Hey my door is open I am not threatening to bring fire and brimstone down on him as he has said he will do on me ... oooooooooooooo I am so scared now ooooooooooooo
- Wells Tao is a tad too presumptuous, sure we are friends but you don't want anything from me, WF on the other hand... . Plus every taunt that Ron offers is a stretch of the legs that NEED exercise. I'd be willing to do your exercises too, it they were as captivating.Which of course they sometime are